Enrichment Opportunities for Kids through Classroom Grants
The purpose of the classroom grant program is to support teachers who promote innovative and enriching projects and programs for Greater Albany Public School District students. Priority is given to proposals that provide enrichment opportunities in the areas of art, music, STEM, and health. The Albany Public Schools Foundation seeks to impact student learning in the most positive and direct way possible through support for programs and supplies that stimulate thought and encourage curiosity.
The following guidelines will assist you in applying for an Albany Public Schools Foundation classroom grant. To determine the merits of the grant proposal, and ultimately the award decision, the following criteria will be considered:
Grant Criteria and Priorities:
- Application must be submitted by the deadline.
- Project benefits a large number of students and increases student engagement in the areas of art/music, STEM, or health/wellness.
- Applicant is a GAPS administrator, teacher or staff member.
- Funds are limited, we will attempt to fund as many programs as possible that meet criteria.
- Grants may not be used to pay teachers or staff.
- Equipment purchases will be approved by GAPS and will become the property of GAPS.
- All proposals will be reviewed; however, requests for field trips have historically not been funded.
- The Foundation reserves the right to use the names of grant recipients and descriptions of their projects in promotional materials.
- If awarded, a grant report must be submitted on or before June 30, 2022.